The Authority is responsible for overseeing the strategic direction of BC Ferries in support of the public interest, appointing the Board of Directors of BC Ferries and for establishing compensation plans for the Directors and Executives of BC Ferries.
The following legislation are applicable to the Authority.
Effective January,2020, the following are the current general bylaws applicable to the Authority:
Historical By-Law Amendments
The following historical amendments were proposed and accepted by The Authority:
- Proposed August 2019/Effective January 2020
- Proposed August 2010/Effective December 2010
- Proposed March 2006/Effective September 2006
The following corporate policies are applicable to the Authority.
BC Ferries Compensation
In accordance with the Coastal Ferry Act, B.C. Ferry Authority has established compensation plans for the directors and certain executives of British Columbia Ferry Services Inc.
- BC Ferries Executive Compensation Plan (2022)
- BCFS Executive Compensation Alignment with the BC Public Sector (2022)
- BC Ferries Executive Compensation Plan (2019)
- BC Ferries Directors Compensation Plan (2010)
Past Studies and Reports on Coastal Ferry Services
- Review of BC Ferry Services Board (2021)
- Review of Coastal Ferry Services (2018)
- Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure – BC Coastal Ferries Community Engagement (2013)
- Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure – BC Coastal Ferries Community Engagement (2012)
- BC Ferries Commissioner: Review of the Coastal Ferry Act B.C. Ferry Commission (2012)
- Comptroller-General’s Report on Review of Transportation Governance Models (2009)
- A Review of Operational Safety at British Columbia Ferry Services Inc (2007)
- Auditor General’s Report: Changing Course – A New Direction for British Columbia’s Coastal Ferry System (2006)